Friday, April 22, 2011

Staurolite: An Appropriate Mineral for Good Friday (Part Two)

     Staurolite is certainly interesting as a mineral, but it can represent something far more important. Staurolite can serve as a reminder of what our Savior endured on our behalf. If you already know the Savior now would be a good time to thank Him for suffering death on a cross for you. If you do not know the Savior there is no better time than now to do so. No human is perfect and God requires that only those who are perfect may go to Heaven when thy die. However, Jesus, God’s one and only Son, died to pay the penalty of sin, even though He had never sinned. Now absolutely anyone can be made perfect by the power of Jesus. All you have to do is ask Him to forgive your sins and come into your heart. You can say something like this to him: “Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and deserve to be punished. I believe that Jesus is your Son and that He can heal me. I am ready to turn away from my sins and I believe that Jesus is your son. I ask him to come into my heart. Thank you, Jesus, for coming into my heart like you promised. Amen.” If you have prayed that prayer and meant it than your sins are forgiven past, present, and future and you are now part of God’s family. You will go to Heaven when you die and you have God’s Holy Spirit living inside of you at this very moment and He will never leave. That is a greater treasure than all of the minerals in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment